The 5th Annual Middle East OSJ Conference in Dubai brought together leading shipowners, oil and gas majors, shipbuilders, investors, financiers, technology providers to discuss opportunities, pertinent issues and strategies in a rapidly changing market.
If you would like to receive details of our 2019 conference please click here.
Speaking at the Annual Offshore Support Journal Conference in London earlier this year, Synergy Offshore CEO Fazel A. Fazelbhoy explained why the Middle East continues to be a bright spot when it comes to vessel utilisation and chartering; believes oil company passenger transfer strategies are ripe for discussion and why 2019 will be an inflection point for the industry. Watch the full interview here:
State-owned Aramco, the world's biggest oil producer is planning $300 billion E&P expenditure, introducing taxes and launching an IPO. Meanwhile, ADNOC highlights favourable conditions for business. Following last year’s decision to consolidate the offshore operations of ADMA-OPCO and the Zakum Development Co. (ZADCO), the new ADMA concessions and the existing Upper Zakum concession, operated by ZADCO, will be operated by the new integrated offshore company, with a view to capitalizing on operational synergies and enhanced performance.This conference evaluated out how these new developments in Middle East region will impact business in the OSV sector.
1. Update from major OPCOs
2. ADNOC Offshore’s strategy and objectives towards the year 2030
3. ARAMCO’s offshore plans and requirements
4. Availability of financing within and outside the Middle East region
5. Impact of political isolation of Qatar
6. OSV’s for offshore wind energy, pipeline works, decommissioning and scrapping
7. Economics of stacking and reactivation of vessels
8. The level of vessel efficiency the market will require when it comes back
9. Shipowners perspectives on digitalisation and disruptive technology
10. Guide to gaining access and managing risk in subsea, India and Iran market
11. Financial strategy and mitigation of risk with new taxation, contracts and insurance schemes
Feedback from previous years
"As always a brilliant combination of relevant topics and speakers"
Gunnar Haug, Ulstein Asia
"Great speakers and presentations and excellent venue for networking"
Joe Brincat, ABS
“Professionally organised, interesting speakers and excellent networking”
Peter Dunn, Fincantieri
“The Middle East leading event focused on offshore support”
Hassan Abouraya, Zamil Offshore
“Very enjoyable and informative. good topics and discussion”
SPE Ltd & Positioneering
“Great networking opportunity with the people who matter the most”
M. Prince Lye, Colombo Dockyard
Photos and videos
View photos from our last Dubai conference here