View some of the conference photos here.
Details of the 2018 Middle East Offshore Support Journal Conference will be announced later this year, if you would like to be kept informed or are interested in being involved in the 2018 event please get in touch.
US$25 billion (AED 92 billion) investments in offshore oil projects are planned by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) through to 2020 as part of the UAE’s strategy to boost its total oil output capacity to 3.5 million barrels per day (bpd) by 2017-18.
The 4th Annual Middle East OSJ Conference in Dubai brought together leading shipowners, oil majors, shipbuilders, investors, financiers and technology providers to discuss opportunities in the region, solutions in the current market uncertainty and vessel technologies that will be needed to boost UAE’s oil output capacity target.
Key Topics Discussed Included:
- How the Middle East market is providing opportunities even in the downturn
- Outlook of the GCC market and trends in the offshore oil and gas sector
- Middle East and North Africa OSV demand, supply, and utilisation
- Offshore oil and gas projects outlook in Iran
- Update on Abu Dhabi’s leading offshore O&G companies
- OSV requirements and opportunities from EPC projects
- Scrapping volumes and residual values in the offshore market
- Assessing investment, finance and risk appetite for the OSV sector
- New OSV designs
- Risk-based cyber security and measurable effects on offshore assets
- Challenges facing the ME offshore companies and strategic approaches for weathering the downturn
- Best practices in delivering projects on time, safely and efficiently
- Technologies to improve operating efficiencies and performance
View the conference photos here
Feedback from previous years
"As always a brilliant combination of relevant topics and speakers"
Gunnar Haug, Ulstein Asia
"Great speakers and presentations and excellent venue for networking"
Joe Brincat, ABS
“Professionally organised, interesting speakers and excellent networking”
Peter Dunn, Fincantieri
“The Middle East leading event focused on offshore support”
Hassan Abouraya, Zamil Offshore
“Very enjoyable and informative. good topics and discussion”
SPE Ltd & Positioneering
“Great networking opportunity with the people who matter the most”
M. Prince Lye, Colombo Dockyard
Photos and videos
View photos from our last Dubai conference here