US$25 billion (AED 92 billion) investments in offshore oil projects are planned by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) through to 2020 as part of the UAE’s strategy to boost its total oil output capacity to 3.5 million barrels per day (bpd) by 2017-18.
The 4th Annual Middle East OSJ Conference in Dubai brings together leading shipowners, oil and gas majors, shipbuilders, investors, financiers and technology providers to discuss opportunities in the region, solutions in the current market uncertainty and vessel technologies that will be needed to boost UAE’s oil output capacity target.
What’s New for 2017?
- Witness the first ever Middle East OSV Industry Debate
Two opposing teams debating on the motion: This house believes that the Middle East OSV market can help lead the sector out of recession
One team will argue for the motion. The other against. The winning team will be decided by audience vote.
- Let’s hear your opinion! - Participate in the Delegates Polling
Find out how the rest of your peers and colleagues feel on the hottest issues in the industry
- MENA oil majors – New strategic approach
Hear the challenges facing ME offshore companies and their strategic approaches for weathering the downturn.
Learn practical advice directly from an oil major on how to successfully negotiate contracts.
Find out what oil and gas companies expect from local and international market partners.
- Highly interactive discussions
Smartphone application will allow delegates to ask questions live or anonymously (if they wish) during the sessions.
- How the Middle East market is providing opportunities even in the downturn
- Outlook of the GCC market and trends in the offshore oil and gas sector
- Middle East and North Africa OSV demand, supply, and utilisation
- Offshore oil and gas projects outlook in Iran
- Update on Abu Dhabi’s leading offshore O&G companies
- OSV requirements and opportunities from EPC projects
- Scrapping volumes and residual values in the offshore market
- Assessing investment, finance and risk appetite for the OSV sector
- New vessel design: fast crew utility vessels, low cost shallow draft ECO/ OSV multiflex vessels, wind farm installation and heavy lift operation jack-up vessels
- Risk-based cyber security and measurable effects on offshore assets
- Challenges facing the ME offshore companies and strategic approaches for weathering the downturn
- Best practices in delivering projects on time, safely and efficiently
- Technologies to improve operating efficiencies and performance
View the conference photos here
Feedback from previous years
"As always a brilliant combination of relevant topics and speakers"
Gunnar Haug, Ulstein Asia
"Great speakers and presentations and excellent venue for networking"
Joe Brincat, ABS
“Professionally organised, interesting speakers and excellent networking”
Peter Dunn, Fincantieri
“The Middle East leading event focused on offshore support”
Hassan Abouraya, Zamil Offshore
“Very enjoyable and informative. good topics and discussion”
SPE Ltd & Positioneering
“Great networking opportunity with the people who matter the most”
M. Prince Lye, Colombo Dockyard
Photos and videos
View photos from our last Dubai conference here